Getting active in the union does not mean you have to be a representative. If you are interested in the work of your Local 933, there are tasks you could take on that don't involve being a rep in the more formal sense but that will involve you in the work of the union. None of these jobs are complicated and they don't take up a huge amount of time. If you want to become more active in your Union get in touch with your union steward or local 933 representatives.
* Know who your steward is, meet them and talk to them
* Encourage non-members to join, and encourage others to do the same.
* Keep up to date on info posted on the union notice boards
* Inform members about union policies and campaigns
* Get involved with the younger members to let them know what's been lost over past contracts
* Attend meetings and encourage others to do the same
If you are a non member don't be afraid to become a member of our family; after all it is for the fight against corporate greed that we should all band together to stand up for what is being taken away contract after contract. If we all join together and let our voices act as one we can take on the corporate giants and win. Talk to your steward and get involved.
If you would like to know more, have questions or want to get started on organizing your workplace Contact Us
Monthly meetings always take place on the second Sunday of each month, at 11AM. Meetings are held at the NEW Hall located at 1991 E Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ 85716.